Friday, May 15, 2009

San Francisco

Awards Night Dinner

We had an awsome time on our week long trip to SF. What a fun city!! Whenever we go somewhere new I try to imagine how much I would like living there. I think I could handle The City, as the locals call it. Such a warm vibe. The traffic is CRAZY though.

First Stop Chinatown. I got the girls the cutest little "silk" pjs. But the smell....not good if you don't like seafood. We did a tea tasting (like a wine tasting) and spent way to much money. Well not if I actually drank hot tea. Guess I'll have to start!!

Why the boys like the warf. Open containers!!


Hubby, me, and Lil' Bro

Me doing my best Carmen San Diego. Come on you remember.

"Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?"

Seriously, it's pretty chilly on the water.

The ferry ride to Alcatraz

Alcatraz is somewhere I have always wanted to go. They hand out headsets and you are guided around by the voices of former inmates and guards.

Packing boxes for the USO. I think we packed about 15,000 care packages!!! What a fun and rewarding day. We also had groups working on Habitat for Humanity and doing service projects all around the city. In all honesty I was so glad I didn't have to build this year!! I am not good with a hammer and worry for the people who get the houses I've worked on.

Hub and I in the hotel lobby before dinner one night.


We also took trips to Berkley (Cakes and Bean.. future bears???) and Sausalito (breathtaking). I ate some much wonderful food and had a great time just being with Hubby. Truely a blessing to be able to go on these trips. Big thanks to the Memaw and Papa who ones again rocked it and made the girls wish we took more trips!!

No comments: